Fahey Pest and Lawn Solutions is looking for a Pest Control Technician to service routes in the Sarasota area. Join our local team of service professionals and give your customers the peace of mind they need by protecting their families and homes from unwanted pests.
We look for solid, hardworking individuals to become Professional Pest Management Service Technicians. This position is an opportunity for you to give outstanding customer service, build excellent relationships with our local community, tackle problems, and step up to meet new challenges. Do you love the freedom and flexibility of working outside an office?
We have been in business since 1943 and are still a family owned and operated company serving Sarasota, Manatee, and Charlotte Counties. Our Core Values are; Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Quality. We live by these Core Values and have a fun time doing it. We like to keep our working environment friendly and casual.
Test your skills while you grow in your career: We provide a fully paid comprehensive training program and your skills development will include company supported career advancement and state licensing.
Are you are a self-organized, strong communicator with excellent computer skills? Do you also have excellent observation & documentation skills? Are you collaborative with the ability to work cooperatively with customers, peers, and managers alike?
If so, we could use someone like you. Individuals with construction knowledge and a service mindset excel in this role.
Responsibilities and Duties You Will Perform:
- Inspect and treat for pests, pest harborage, and pest entries
- Build and maintain customer relationships
- Maintain high service standards at all accounts
- Take personal initiative and responsibility for correcting pest problems
- Suggest and sell services to meet customer needs
- Participate in group meetings and account reviews
- Complete ongoing independent and group training
- Be an interactive member in a team environment
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Possess a valid driving record that meets company standards
- Show a stable work history
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Be comfortable working with insects and various animals in a variety of environmental conditions and confined spaces
- Possess the physical ability to set up, use and work off of 12 foot+ extension ladders
- Be able to read and understand product labels printed in English
- Have worked 3 or more years in jobs dealing with the public
- Satisfactorily complete initial technical training and State Certification and Licensing requirements
- For safety reasons, all Technicians are clean-shaven for respirator use
- Pass a respirator fit test and may require DOT physical
- Pass a pre-employment drug test, motor vehicle, and criminal background check
We are a drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Full Time Employment
- Company use vehicle
- Company use iPhone
- 401K full match program up to 4%
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Comprehensive Training
- Competitive Pay (Technician pay ranges from $2500 to $4200/month based on experience)